Thursday, May 22, 2008

bonfire, metal, indy, and the spaces between space

So I got back to Harrisonburg tuesday after having a DA sesh in what I thought was going to be Gloucester but was actually an hour north in Kilmarnock. It was a nice relaxing looking area with lots of farms and small road driving. We had a huge bonfire in the front yard at this house and played many games of horse shoe and "talk about something serious that we don't really know much about". Always go hand in hand. The drive back was great because I took 33 west all the way from this place back to Harrisonburg. Longer but much more fun and beautiful...

I arrived back to the burg to the prepping for a metal show so I knew it was going to be a good night. Saw two great metal bands. Horsefang = instrumental, great guitar work, some sludge thrown in = overall great. Tooth = same set up as FNLN w/o keys, awesome songs, drummer had great single kick skills (sounded like double bass when it wasn't), bass player was shredding = me super pumped afterwards. I met most of the guys in the band and they were all great guys. The night was ending but when I got home, I found some guys hanging at the house and we decided hit up last call at a bar downtown. Super late night to say the least.

Finally went mountain biking yesterday with Katesquared (two kates). I felt great pedaling all around and felt decently fast on the downhill. I'm going again tomorrow so that should be a great time. Also saw the new Indiana Jones last night for opening night. Most people were bashing it, which for the most part is agreeable. I was thoroughly entertained regardless and had fun. Old Harrison Ford is still a pretty badass dude.

Trying to finish Cat's Cradle in the next couple days. Been good so far, much better than Michael Crichton's Next.

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

shred

shred
My first show woot! 11/07