Thursday, December 10, 2009

it's already decemeber

Finals week will be over in less than 24 hours for me, "break" will begin and I'm still trying to find part time employment. I'm trying really hard this time around, so I've got my fingers crossed. Making follow up calls, dressing well etc. Had a "mix up" with Panera and thusly was dubbed "the guy with a bad attitude". Really?

Yesterday, I started with a new band, The Equestrians. I'm not sure how to explain the sound really, you'd have to ask Matt Vogel, Tim Skirven or Andrew Barnes. It is a lot of fun though. I'm playing bass which is crazy, haven't played electric with any seriousness in a few years now. I did end up leaving practice with a "dead" ear though. It's still bothering me, which is beginning to worry me. I'm going to get serious about using ear protection, even if I can't hear anything, I'll be able to listen to it later.

Besides becoming gainfully employed, my next project is to get my mountain bike in shape and sell it. It's a heavier/longer travel bike than I think I really need and I would really like to get something lighter so I seriously have no reason to skip out on Sunday long rides. I'll probably make a post about it here once I get it together for selling.

I just turned 24 this past Sunday. There was snow on the ground, my brother and some other friends visited, essentially a really awesome time. I'm glad Phil was able to join and honestly make it one of the best birthdays I've had since probably the 21st. Now is the time to look into the next year being 24, which is starting to get ridiculous. I just realized I'm 24 and in school. I'm really hoping my application at VCU is getting some serious work done for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

shred

shred
My first show woot! 11/07