Friday, February 13, 2009

21 days till the coal runs out

I had an interesting week this strangely warm week. As noticed by this weeks previous post, things definitely started out slow. Monotony is a killer, and I'm trying my best not to die. Warm weather was welcomed with open arms, even if I did have to sit inside all day. Invigorating in its own sense, just having the windows open at the apartment was refreshing.

Since Monday, things have turned around though. The prospect of a three day weekend ahead is exciting, even though I've got nothing planned and I have a strange feeling that I don't really want to plan anything. Big Hallmark holiday tomorrow, might be fun to see a horror film. I'll leave the weekend up to my whims.

Speaking of whims, I was talked into buying a round trip plane ticket to Paris in 21 days! Egad!!! I got the email back from the IRS that my tax return had been accepted so I figure it's almost like a free ticket. I'll be going with Matt Abraham (DJ Fey) to partake in any debauchery that may come our way. We'll also be couch surfing (www.couchsurfing.com) while there to meet people and save a few bones. This will be a pushing the envelope type experience, so I'm sure I'll have some interesting things to post about after the trip.

I'm pretty happy about my decision to do this. I'll be the first to admit that it may not be the best decision financially but I hope in the weeks leading up to the trip I'll learn some sort of fiscal responsibility as I balance saving up and paying for hospital bills. I definitely needed something to make this spring more exciting. I've been getting really antsy and think this will be a good opportunity to forget about everything for a week.

Heavy research for future plans to ensue before the trip though. These nursing schools in the UK are slow to respond to email. Do I really have to call them at some god awful hour in the middle of the night? I don't even know how to dial to the UK!!

Workout: None (running this afternoon)
Music: Weezer - Say It Ain't So

No comments:

Post a Comment

shred

shred
My first show woot! 11/07