Friday, February 6, 2009

doom is in the air...

Last night was a blast. Nick and I went to the Peppermint Beach Club to catch the last two acts of what sounded like an entirely heavy/black metal bill. Rose Funeral and Abigail Williams were on deck when we arrived to the last band just finishing up what sounded like shred heaven.

Rose Funeral wasn't quite my cup of tea, but I must commend the vocalist on his screaming abilities. He had a great high pitch scream and a pretty badass stage presence. I feel bad that it was a lame crowd, and I myself was forced to be part of it (can't be injuring my shoulder getting pushed around, what would I tell my parents? "I was head banging to a band I didn't know and..Woops! The metal rod was sticking out the back of my shoulder!"). But hey, felt good to be at a show.

Abigail Williams headlined and closed out the show. I didn't see the bands before but I'm guessing they blew the rest of the bill out of the water. I was a little disappointed that they didn't have a keyboardist on stage as they played record tracks over the PA of any key/string parts. I believe they had one who left. Not sure what the whole story is though. Beyond that, those guys are fucking awesome. Great stage presence and badass music. Once again, so happy to be at a show and especially so because I knew the music.


Ken Sorceron of Abigail Williams (phone pic)

This really gets me excited to get back to writing music again. It is honestly frustrating sometimes and there are times where I wonder why I do it/try. It would be a waste of time not to do something with what I have though. Also, First Night Last Night is one step closer to completing it's line up. We've got a good friend coming in to check out our stuff and possibly take the vocal spot. Got my fingers crossed on this working. Can't wait to give everyone a show again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

shred

shred
My first show woot! 11/07