Thursday, February 19, 2009

scars, bars and bad news

I'm about 15 days out from traveling to Paris and it could not come any sooner. The anticipation is killing me. Mostly because I forget I'm going sometimes, then I realize I am going and I have nothing ready! Luckily this weekend I'll be able to get work done on squaring away couch spots in the city.

Firstly, bad news. It seems like every corporate company in the world has been having trouble during these "self-inflicted" rough times. I don't know if I'm surprised or if I expected it somewhere down the road, but HP has taken action by reducing base pay. I think I'm happier seeing this happen rather than seeing 20000 jobs getting cut. The latter seems like a worse decision as that way, the number of consumers able to provide money to the economy will be reduced. Regardless, it sucks. But like I said, I'm not the only one. It's just....strange to be in this position, at the will of something totally out of my control.

Otherwise, not much has changed. I finally got to framing my diploma after having the frame since November. It only took about 10 minutes. I hate realizing sometimes I'm just sitting around with my thumb up my ass. Of course, it will probably sit on the floor in my room for a good month before I actually hang it up. In addition to this accomplishment, I've gotten addicted to playing pool, spending two nights this week alone playing with T and Nick and constantly playing a MiniClip internet game while at work. Woops!

My update on the music front is good. Noah will finally be joining us this weekend, adding vocals and hopefully some songs of his own. I think this will provide us with a huge motivation to get out and play some gigs. It also helps we've got a tentative gig lined up in Blacksburg for April. Just gotta keep the hopes up high and everyone will be seeing us soon! I'll keep everyone updated.

Expect a thoughtful post soon, kind of like the first ones I pushed when I started posting here again.

Music - None
Workout - Ran the past 2 days, will be running tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment

shred

shred
My first show woot! 11/07