Wednesday, March 4, 2009

dundee, whiskey and waiting

I put myself into a pretty deep rut last night by way of browsing the internet and such social devices as facebook. It's slightly embarrassing but happened none the less. Luckily I still had some whiskey left and as soon as I popped on the tele, the beginning of Crocodile Dundee melted it all way.

I thought about for a good while and realized it's just a matter of time. When people tell you "Patience is a virtue", they really have something of worth there. I've been suffering restless leg syndrome so to speak and am quite impatient about making something happen. Trying my damnedest, it's been next to impossible to instill some sort of this virtue in myself.

The best thing I've figured out to do is to look forward to things. Now, this sounds pretty easy because you figure, I'm a 20-something year old out in the world. I don't have much to do on most days when I get home, and often lack of motivation to change that, so it doesn't always work out in favor of being that young, motivated person. But before I get too contrived in my own lack of "life" so to speak, I have to admit, I'm pretty lucky to have this trip I'm taking next week.

I hope to feel rejuvenated and motivated when I return. I'm also lucky to return after the change of day lights savings and maybe my unperceived and self-fulfilling case of SAD will fade away. Then it's on to getting this menagerie of a "band" back in shape and to fill up my time with that until the end of this summer.

So if there's anyway I can leave this post with some sort of thought or suggestion, the best thing I can come up with is this.

Patience is a virtue.

1 comment:

shred

shred
My first show woot! 11/07