Monday, March 2, 2009

snow day....at work

I woke up this morning and had totally forgotten about this chance of snow in the area excitement, mostly because I knew I would still be at work. Being in a client based business, it takes a lot more to shutdown operations at an office where it's snowing and people in sunny San Diego still need you to run batch jobs for them.

The bigger concern is the status of my flight. Racine, Wisconsin is calling my name and I'm on the fence one whether I want the flight to work out or not. It's a business trip and I'd essentially be losing 2 days worth of free time having to be at the airport during that time. But it does get me out of the office for a day and half which can be refreshing. I'm beginning to think it doesn't matter since I'll be leaving the country in 4 days. Yea, a lot sooner than I thought too.

This was weekend was quite the whirlwind. Saturday night we endured harsh winds and cold rains to "crawl" from bar to bar for the Ghent Winter Bar Crawl. It was honestly a great time despite the conditions, I spent all the money in my wallet and slept in the stairwell at Nick's apartment building. Somewhere in there I saw random people I know, handed out Monster paraphernalia and managed to begin drinking again by 1 the next day.

I come out on top, almost every time.

1 comment:

shred

shred
My first show woot! 11/07